Monday 27 January 2014

Spring/Summer 2014 Make-Up Trends!

Hey Dolls, 
So I am getting hugely excited for spring (not that my wardrobe of leather, feathers and jumpers changes much through the seasons) and I am excited for the direction make-up is heading for this season. 
Whilst I am not an avid follower of fashion, as a make-up artist it is my job and responcibility to stay up to date on each seasons must have products and styles and so I decided to share with my lovely readers some of spring/summer 2014's biggest make-up trends! 

1: Gold Eye Shadow!
One of THE biggest make-up trends this coming season is gold. Metallic colours were seen all over the catwalks during the buzz of Fashion Week and countless models were seen sporting vivid gold eye shadow, either as a highlight or as a bold pop of colour. 
My all time favourite gold is the shade Goldilux by Sugarpill, a richly pigmented gold pigment that is a true gold shimmer. 
Make-up by me. Goldilux used under the eyebrows.
Sugarpill Goldilux.

Blue Eyeliner!
Blue is this seasons must have colour either as an eyeshadow or as the runway saw, as an eyeliner! Blue eyeliner is very flattering on brown eyes and can really make them POP. From dark blues, sapphire blues or bright sky blues there are a rainbow of shades of blue eyeliners to choose from from nearly every brand! 

My personal favourite is Illamasqua's Medium Pencil in shade Debonair.

It is a very pigmented sky blue pencil that lasts amazingly. Even on my waterline (I can get 6 hours wear from it on my waterline). 

Dusky Pink Lips. 
After the reds/purples of A/W13 pink lips are back, bright and fresh although this time with a chalky tone to them. There is plenty of choice here, every brand has a chalky toned pink, from Kryolan to Revlon, to Illamasqua to Maybelline. 

My personal fvourite is Saint Germain by M.A.C, it is such a lovely pastel colour.

So this is a little teaser of the S/S14 make-up trends as teased by Fashion Week and brand release events. I hope you are all as excited for the spring as I am!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors

Sponsors

Sponsors

Privacy PolicyAboutFAQ

Designed By Girl in the city Designs.