Tuesday 25 March 2014

Seductive Gothic Make-Up Tutorial

Hey Dolls,
Today I am posting Gothinista's first make-up tutorial. This is going to be a tutorial for a seductive, Gothic make-up look that I created for my Lady Opium photo shoot. 


I created this design on a Karla Cosmetics face chart awhile back and it is one I have been itching to create for weeks. I wanted to create something inspired by the +illamasqua Art Of Darkness artwork and the 1920's Berlin scene.

 This is my original design. 

This look is VERY easy to create and took about 45 minuets to create. 

I first primed the skin using Illamasqua's Hydra Veil to moisturise my models skin, I then followed this with a pump of Revlon's Photo Ready Primer. This smooths dry skin and fills the pores and creates a lovely base for make-up as it is a silicone based primer. 

I used Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in shade 07 with the Real Techniques Contour brush to buff it in to the skin. I used Illamasqua's latest concealer, Skin Base Lift in shade Light 1 to conceal under the eyes. 

I then used Stargazer's white pressed powder heavily to create a perfect, matte porcelain complexion. 

For the eyes I started with a base of NYX Eye Shadow Primer in White. I first applied Lime Crime's rich purple shimmer called Love Potion N9 from their alchemy palette onto the inner third of the eye. I then applied Sugarpill's matte pink shade Dollipop onto the remaining two thirds, blending into the purple and slightly in to the crease. 

I then took the shade Divination which is a GORGEOUS blue shimmer from the Lime Crime Alchemy Palette and blended this in to the crease, stopping just under the brow bone and feathering upwards. 

I very lightly applied Sugarpill's black shimmer shadow called Soot And Stars directly in to the crease with a small smudger brush. This is perfect for creating a dark, strong crease with a lovely shimmer. To highlight the brow bone I applied Illamasqua's loose pigment in Beguile 

To contour I used a dark, cold brown by Kryolan called Sudan. I applied this strongly under the cheek bone with the M.A.C angled contour brush. 
For Blush I applied and blended together two shades by Kryolan: Wild Cherry and Cassis to create a strong, metallic bruise tone. I then applied Illamasqua's Beguile pigment onto the cheek bones to create a very strong highlight. 

For the lips I used Illamasqua's black lipstick called Pristine to outline them followed by Sleek Cosmetic's Pout Paint in Peek-A-Blue. 

The lace lashes are by Bourjois Paris.

Robert William - xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors

Sponsors

Sponsors

Privacy PolicyAboutFAQ

Designed By Girl in the city Designs.