Wednesday 24 December 2014

Female Weakness...?

*This post contains explicit language*
-"During my 18 years of life I have forever being told things like 'man up'. I have been told I am 'too girly' too 'feminine'  that I have the body of 'a woman' and that it isn't 'right' for a man. "-

We all know those guys on Facebook, the ones who "banter" the ones who tell each other to "man up", not be a "pussy" or such "queers" or "faggots." 

I can't say I personally notice it any more, I like so many people have grown largely immune to things people say on a daily basis. But it has lead me to wonder....why do people (including other females) assume women to be weak?

Why is a man showing what people consider feminine traits considered a sign of weakness? How does that make him "less of a man"?
 I am proud to say some of the strongest people in my life are women, especially in a climate where female sexuality is either repressed or commercially exploited. 

It makes me wonder, what causes this mental conditioning so many men are under? Partly, I am sure that a culture where things for children are labeled as for boys or girls is to blame, largely creating a gender divide at an early age. But this alone can not be the only culprit. 

As an adult man I have learnt to embrace and embody my natural femininity with pride and I dearly wish others would do the same. 

I find it repugnant and ridiculous that the cut of clothing or a style of hair can be described as either "masculine" or "feminine" so you have to question how it can be applied that a man who expresses female traits is somehow "less of a man" or more laughably that he is less sexually virile to women. 

To myself this attitude across both reality and social media is, putting it bluntly, nothing but socially acceptable sexisim.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors

Sponsors

Sponsors

Privacy PolicyAboutFAQ

Designed By Girl in the city Designs.