Saturday 3 May 2014

Illamasqua Freak Review

Hey Dolls,
Today I am reviewing the first fragrance that was released by Illamasqua, the aptly named Freak. 
I have wanted to try Freak for such a long time, since it was released a couple of years ago in fact and recently Illamasqua had a sale on where they offered the full size bottle for £25!! I can tell you that the 75ml bottle usually retails for £59! I could not resist such an amazing bargain.

The bottle arrived in two days and I was immediately blown away by the packaging and the bottle. They are both beautiful and completely unique.


It is the single most beautifully designed product I have ever cast my eyes upon, the bottle is genuinely gorgeous and uniquely designed. It reeks of quality and decadence. 


The notes of freak are composed totally of poisonous plants and resins, including one of my favourite flowers (which strangely is a cactus) which is Queen Of The Night Blossom which blooms for one night a year. 

These are the notes according to Illamasqua:

TOP NOTES
Black Davana, Opium Flower and Belladonna bewitch the senses into uncontrollable lust and passion.

HEART NOTES
Poison Hemlock, Datura and Queen of the Night blossom, caress and kiss.

BASE NOTES
Aromas of Frankincense, Oud and Myrrh, addictively mesmerises and captures the senses. 

I have obviously no idea what most of these flowers smell like as 1 they are highly poisonous and 2 they are not exactly garden blooms. However the fragrance is one of the nicest I own. I expected it to be devastatingly heady like Dior's Poison range but instead it is a dark, heady floral with elements of spice, sweetness and sexuality. 

I find it lasts on me all day and lies relativly close to the skin meaning it travels enough that people can smell it but is not so strong it becomes offensive to others (Alien by Mugler I am talking to you!).

I certainly think this bottle would look divine on any dressing table and I feel it would work amazingly on a man or woman of any age (it is marketed as a unisex fragrance although it may be too floral for some men). 

Without a doubt I have to give it 5 stars, it is a beautiful fragrance. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors

Sponsors

Sponsors

Privacy PolicyAboutFAQ

Designed By Girl in the city Designs.