Thursday 17 April 2014

Satanism

Hey Dolls, 
Today I am answering a question I get asked a lot in person and online which is "are you religious". The answer to this is yes, but not in the traditional sense. I identify as a Laveyan Satanist. I wish to make it clear before I continue that I am NOT affiliated with the Church Of Satan and all views herein are my own. 

I first read the Satanic Bible at the age of 14, by this age I already had a clear disdain for the false morality of most well known religions.  Of course I wanted to research other philosophies and ideas at this age, I was a being of curiosity and still am to this day. So I began researching Wicca, Judaism, Norse myth and Paganism among other things. Nothing has spoken to me like the works of Lavey. 

What has to be made clear from the onset is that I, nor any other Laveyan Satanist worship nor believe in the devil. Satan is a mere metaphor for the carnal nature of man, representing indulgence over abstinence, freedom over conformity and intelligence over stupidity. 

I refuse to go largely in to the Satanic beliefs, not because I feel there is anything to hide but because I believe that if you are curious about it you should research it for yourself. After all, what I am writing is just my own humble opinion. 

One thing I have noticed about Satanism is that it is an eclectic mix of eccentrics, artists and writers. Some of the most intelligent people and skilled artists I know belong to the Church Of Satan.


Satanism represents kindness to those who deserve it, not love wasted on those who do not. After all, no matter how hard one tries you can not love ones own enemies. 

Satanism was one of the first global religions to publicly endorse homosexual relationships. Satanism promotes sexual freedom between two consenting adults as long as no laws are broken... After all, if we do not fulfil our desires they turn in to compulsions, which turn in to addictions and so a once harmless desire all of a sudden rules ones life. The Christian churches stance on abstinence, sexuality and celibacy CLEARLY has done no harm what so ever to church members....ask any choir boy. 

The church, which was founded in 1966 by Anton Lavey has members from across the world, however the church does not require someone to be a fully paid up member to call themselves a "Satanist". It is not a church about filling pews, but rather one of strength and accepting man for what it is not what it can NEVER be. 

The seven deadly sins of the Christian church, which for those of you who are less well informed are: Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, Wrath, Pride, Greed and Envy are impossible for any normal, mentally balanced human to sustain, this is largely deliberate, after all, if we are all sinners then we all must go to church and purge our sins to a divine ear. 

Whilst I am not going to go into details of Satanic beliefs, (if you are curious I leave the research up to you, there are far more illustrious texts written by far more qualified individuals) I will include the nine satanic sins.

The Nine Satanic Sins:
  1. Stupidity
  2. Pretentiousness
  3. Solipsism
  4. Self-deceit
  5. Herd Conformity
  6. Lack of Perspective
  7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
  8. Counterproductive Pride
  9. Lack of Aesthetics
So this is a very brief description of Laveyan Satanism, please note, this website is my property, I pay for its upkeep and hosting and so I will NOT tolerate  abusive or ignorant comments by those on the right hand path. I have read the Christian bible, several times, among other holy texts, this is the exact reason I turned my back upon any and all false gods. 

I will however, happily answer any genuine questions about this subject, but please realise I am not a personal encyclopaedia, my time, although not incredibly precious, is still my own so I can not reply instantly.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors

Sponsors

Sponsors

Privacy PolicyAboutFAQ

Designed By Girl in the city Designs.