Saturday 15 March 2014

Vitamin C Hair Dye Removal

Hey Dolls,
Today I am sharing my thoughts of the VERY popular hair dye removal method using Vitamin C Powder/Tablets and anti dandruff shampoo. I know that as I am a hairdresser I should be able to tell you the science behind how this works but the truth is I have no idea.

It is very simple to do, you simply add shampoo to some crushed vitamin c tablets until you get a paste, lather it into your hair, stick a shower cap on your head and leave it on for an hour or two. And violla! Whatever semi permanent dye you have had in your hair will have faded. A LOT.

One thing I did wish to say about this method of dye removal is that it made my scalp burn. Quite a lot. However the second I rinsed it off, there was no redness or burning...I am unsure if this is just me or something that is common with it.

It did work however, I have gone from purple and blue to Manic Panic's Vampire Red and La Riche' Directions Plum.

Have you tried the Vitamin C trick?
Did it work for you?

Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors

Sponsors

Sponsors

Privacy PolicyAboutFAQ

Designed By Girl in the city Designs.